A Moment Doesn’t Have to End

Pain.  I know it like the back of my hand. For the past 4 years it has stared me in the face every single day.  It’s what woke me up in the morning.  It’s the last thing that saw me before closing my eyes at night.  It’s what had me by the throat and wouldn’t let me breathe.  It defined me, and resonated throughout my soul.

I was broken for a long time.  Hell...still am really. Time doesn’t heal all wounds. Some are life long.  All time does is build a scar, and I have a lot of those.  The difference now is that pain doesn’t control every aspect of my life, and that alone has opened my heart.  Don’t get me wrong, life sucks sometimes. It’s hard as fuck and the struggles are still heavy! Knowing I’ve survived my darkest days, and that I have the choice to let it consume me all over again, or move the hell on is empowering in itself.  It’s one of the only things I can control because trying to understand the whys of life itself is much bigger than I will ever be! I have the control to decide if I drown in what was, or fight for what will be.  There are still days when it’s harder than hell to get out of the bed in the morning.  And there are also days when I wake up, look in the mirror and am so proud of the person I am no longer. I have come a long damn way, and I’ve done it alone!

There are some shitty people in the world who choose to hurt others for whatever reason.  But there are some really good people out there too. People just like me, who’ve been down a similar path.  Someone who wants to feel a love that takes their breath away, feel safe in their person’s arms, be kissed on their forehead, get lost in one another’s eyes and just lay for hours wrapped up in that place of happiness.  When you find that kind of person you have to wrap them up, and remind yourself on those days of doubts that you deserve to be loved, you deserve to let someone make you smile for no other reason than just being in their presence.  You deserve to let your heart feel again. You don’t deserve to be alone, and they deserve all the same things too.  Remind yourself that it’s ok to feel again, and feel it!

Pain is the rawest emotion ever.  But so is love.  Love, real love, is hard to find. So when you think you’ve found it, grab it and keep it.  What’s the worst that can happen....that my heart gets broken again? If that’s the case then it’s not like I haven’t been there before.  I don’t know that I believe in forever anymore, but what I do believe in is that a moment doesn’t have to end. It can be forever in an instant; a frozen piece of time. And it’s those moments that I want to have again, with that someone that wants exactly the same thing.  And if that someone can break through this hardened heart to bring those feelings to the surface, then they damn sure deserve to be given a chance; a chance to build something that could be amazing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to be loved

Tin Man

Cont;nue